I am so honored that you stopped by today! Whether you are planning your intimate oceanside ceremony, eloping in the mountains, or traveling abroad for the wedding day of your dreams, I can't wait to hear all about it.
Wedding planning can be SO overwhelming. Trust me, been there done that. All the deposit due dates, time lines and fine prints can add up quickly and make it impossible to sort through the ocean of information you have received to find the bits and pieces that are actually useful. Whether you are newly engaged and dipping your toe into the waters of wedding planning or have been at this for a few months now and find yourself drowning in the sea of information, don’t worry we got your back! We have learned tips and tricks over the years, made fantastic friendships with some amazing friendors (wedding vendors turned friends!) that we can hook you up with, and do everything possible to make your wedding day a relaxed experience so you can focus on the reason you’re doing all of this planning in the first place.
Today, we’re focusing on just the photography aspect of your wedding day and picked 5 of our favorite questions to be asked by our couples:
And just to help set the scene, imagine you’re sitting in our studio meeting space on our comfy chairs holding the hand of your fiance as we chat with you over coffee and sweets…
1. Can I give you some ideas of shots I’d like you to take for sure? YES absolutely! What is important to you is important to us. We want to make sure your vision of storytelling comes to life. That is why is is SO important to us to make strong relationships with each one of our couples. We want to completely understand the visions in your head and make them a reality. That is also why we take the time to ensure that we are the best fit for you and that our artistic visions match your own. Have a Pinterest board with all of those amazing ideas?! Send it our way! We’re visuals and seeing other photographs beyond our own that you admire really helps.
2. What is your cancellation policy? Super important! Most photographers (us included) charge a non-refundable down payment to be made at the time of booking. This is simply because we hold that day for you and turn down other potential couples inquiring for the same date. When we become our wedding photographers we become YOUR wedding photographers and direct all of our focus that day on you.
3. When will I get to see my photographs after the wedding? This is a great question and super informative for the anxious time post wedding when all you do is want to relive the day through your images. For us its usually about 4 weeks. Around this time frame we will have you to our studio for a Design Session where we will walk you through your online gallery (available for sharing for 60 days), present you with your custom USB that holds all of your photographs, and start planning out how you are going to showcase your wedding memories whether it is through album design, print, or canvas. But don’t worry, there will be plenty of sneak peeks during that 4 week window to hold you over! We’re just as excited to share the photographs with you as you are to see them. We take the 4 weeks to perfect every detail of the presentation and make sure that we have as much time as we need to give attention to every last important detail.
4. How many images will you take at my wedding & how many will I see from you? As the professional we pride ourselves with only selecting the best of the best to present you with a flattering and accurate story telling of your day. Between the both of us, we take well over 1000 photos digitally, but will deliver the best of the best somewhere between 500 and 900. This number fluctuates depending upon several details of your wedding day. Do you have large immediate families? Will you be including your extended families in the formal family photographs? Are you including lots of personalized and unique details within the decore and experience of the entire day? How many guests are you having? The more there is to see and do during your wedding day the more there is for us to photograph. We also pride ourselves on shooting for perfection rather than shooting to perfect later in editing. This not only makes our lives easier post wedding, but allows us to provide you with even better photographs which lends itself to better telling the story of your wedding day which lends itself to a better experience overall and, well, you get the idea. Long story short, mainly the only photographs you won’t see are the multiple extras we take during family photographs to ensure everyone’s looking and eyes open or any repetitive shots from throughout the day. We want to properly document your wedding day giving it all of the love and attention it deserves, but we also don’t want to overwhelm you with hundreds and hundreds of similar photographs.
5. Do I need to provide meals for you? Great question to make sure vendors are taken care of or at the least you know if they need to take a dinner break and step out of the reception. Our answer to this question is always: Yes, PLEASE! Most wedding days we are there from morning till late nights and we want to make sure we don’t miss a single important moment. Eating when you eat and eating close by allows us to not miss a single thing! We truly, truly appreciate it when couples include us at meal time and we get that moment to recharge and refuel.
We hope these were helpful! There are so many things to think of and ask and with so many different blogs, magazines, and social media posts telling you what to ask it’s overwhelming to know what’s best to focus on and what’s not. Over the years we have been asked a lot of questions, but have found these five (on top of the usual questions such as collection prices, album choices, hours of coverage, etc) to reoccur time and again. For more helpful information give us a shout! Mention this blog post and we will email you our “I do” To Do’s Daily Planning Page! Ready for more helpful information? Head back to the home page and subscribe to our tribe for monthly newsletters that include featured friendors and other fantastic organizational tools and information.
We are always available for answering any of your questions and love meeting new people! Say hello today and let’s plan a day to get together for coffee or chat via FaceTime!
On that note, happy wedding planning!
This trend of “soul sisters” seemed like just a thing of the social media world and a really cool hashtag, until I woke up one day and realized it had happened in my very own studio. As some of you you may know, I started this little photography business with a different name and a multi-passionate vision many years ago. I was still working an office gig and juggling what felt like two full-time jobs around the clock so that I could eventually quit my day job and support my dream of a creative life. Well that day arrived, I was able to walk away from the 9-5 life and dance into the entrepreneur world bursting at the seams with creativity. However, as much as I loved my new life I was finding myself quickly burning out on the very passion I had originally left for. As soon as I felt grounded in one aspect of my life another felt out of sync. I was finding it extremely hard to balance all of the great loves in my life (hubby, kiddos, photography) let alone have any time to refill my own cup.
Then, into my life mozied my favorite German, Lilly. Yes, I am allowed to point this out about her because we use it so lovingly when she comes up with fun words, such as “pengula” (which is Lilly for a pergola in case you too were wondering). She was just as excited about photography as I was and I could not WAIT to have her join me at every wedding (and in the studio). She was pregnant at the time with her first baby, sweet Emma, and we were quickly discussing all the wonderful moments of becoming a momma. We just ‘clicked’ right away, you know? We gushed over our hubbies, organic living, European vs. American life, and then remembered that we also needed to focus on work as well. I’m not even kidding when I say that we have to tell ourselves to work which you know is the best blessing when it comes to having a job. To enjoy it so much that it never feels like work. Often times our conversations revolve around how “old” I am or if Michael Jackson was actually music from ‘my time.’ I guess you could say she keeps me young? On a serious note though, Lilly has helped make this creative passion of mine more than a ‘job.’ It has become an enjoyable journey full of laughs, lots of singing and dancing on long car rides home, and now I have someone to gush over weddings with while enjoying Chipotle Burrito Bowls and Starbucks (or whatever brand of coffee we can find late at night after we’ve finished a wedding and need that extra boost of caffeine to get home).
While my girl Lilly was on maternity leave, another weird connection with my childhood bestie and I happened. She finally decided to join my team! I know, you’re wondering what weird connections we already have right? Ok, I will share a FEW of them in a little history lesson of Brooke and Mallory. We first met on a blind playdate when we were four years old and the friendship only flourished through elementary and into high school. We have shared MANY adventures along side one another including marrying McClure cousins (we had jokingly set out for brothers, but this would work just fine), having BOTH our babies four months apart, FINALLY living on the same road (we were separated for 10 years due to schooling and such… it was torture), and within the last year purchased GMCs… after both owning Jeeps first. Ok, it gets more and more strange as I type it out, but I LOVE IT! Lilly has even commented on our babbling of half sentences throughout the day that we miraculously understand of one another. Maybe we really do share a brain? Now, Brooke helps us to stay organized and some days we don’t have to actually talk to one another to understand what tasks need done around the studio. Anyway, she has become the third member of this little studio of soul sisters and I couldn’t be happier!
Actually, on that note, I think I’ll go hug them both now.
OH WAIT! Ha, so I guess you originally came here to know a little bit more about ALL of us. Well, here it goes… I, Mallory, am a girl of my dreams. I wish I could say I sit and ponder, but truthfully I am going ALL DAY (and sometimes into the night) long. I am often up late at night when I should be sleeping and actually dreaming, but instead I’m awake and getting all my thoughts out. I have been working hard on trying to change that up by getting to bed at a decent time and waking up earlier for some “me time” before the day starts. So far, so good! But back to my dreams… Other than the amazing ideas I have cooked up for Mallory McClure Photography and better ways for me to help people invest in their marriages, I have a vision of creating a little farm here on our property. I love homesteading and our whole family gets in on the process. Whether we are harvesting sweet corn from our backyard or asparagus from the decades old patch we were lovingly bestowed when we bought our property, Ryan, Natalee, and Emmet all share in my love for all things outdoors. Oh and the day Ryan finally said yes to chickens… you guys, I was SO excited. I got a cute little chicken coup with full intentions to let those feathery sistas roam around our house and have the kids chasing them around the yard. This dream came true, until well… you see, the thing about ‘free range’ chickens is that they are a delicacy to late night predators and one night, ONE, I forgot to put them back in their little coup. BUT, I will be redeeming myself with a fresh batch of chickies this spring and I have learned my lesson! Emmet, my dear, sweet little farmer man will be so thrilled! Now, to figure out how to harvest that sweet corn and turn it into my favorite snack, popcorn. Oh and maybe we can add a few grape vines and fruit trees and my perfect Friday night will be complete. A summer night campfire while snacking on popcorn and sipping homemade wine from our property; YES life goal. See, I’m just a dreamer living the best creative life I could have never imagined. So if you can’t find me behind a camera you will most certainly find me roaming about our little farm in the making with my hubby and kiddos in tow.
2018 has been the year of “present over perfect” for me and thanks to these lovely soul sisters I have been so blessed to cross paths with I have found it possible. Do we have it all together? Oh goodness, no! But we have each other to laugh and cry with when life gets crazy and a friendship that allows us to do what we do to the very best of our abilities. And what better way to serve our couples than that.
Outdoor photographs: Sparrow and Lace Photography